What you will need to make the rice:
1 cup of long-grain white rice
1 1/2 cups of water
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Put water in saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. While water is getting to a boil, put the rice in the strainer and run water through it until the water is clear. This is to rinse the starch in the rice.
3. When the water comes to a boil, add the rice and salt, stirring gently.
4. Cover the saucepan with the lid and turn the heat down to a simmer (low) for 18-20 minutes, until most of the water is absorbed.
5. Take the saucepan off of the heat and let it steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and it is ready to serve!