| || |
This recipe idea came from seeing the frozen Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls in the grocery store and having had tried one, I wanted to create one that had more substance.
1 small potato
4oz Jimmy Dean sausage with sage
1 cup shredded cheese of choice
1 tablespoon oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cast iron skillets (or non-stick skillets)
1. Dice the potato into small cubes, rinse, and add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Have cast iron skillets on stove, adding 1 tablespoon to one (for potatoes; use a larger skillet) and Canola spray for the other for sausage (can use a smaller skillet). Turn on medium-high heat for both.
3. When skillets get hot, add potatoes and sausage into their respective skillets. After a minute turn heat down to medium. Cook sausage until there is no pink, occasionally stir potatoes and cook until they start to brown (about 10 minutes).
4. When potatoes start to brown, move them to side of pan and add eggs on the other side. (There should be enough oil for the eggs to cook in.) Season eggs to preference and scramble.
5. Add sausage to potatoes/egg skillet and stir, making sure they are scrambled together. Turn heat to low, add shredded cheese, and cover with a lid for 1-2 minutes,or until cheese is melted. Serve in a small bowl.