Fried Honey Salmon
1 pound of salmon (skin removed)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 of a lemon (juice)
Flour (for coating)
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1. Put oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
2. Prepare salmon by cutting it in half and adding salt and pepper, lightly coating it with flour.
3. Add to cast iron skillet and cook on each side for 5 minutes, or until most of the water has been cooked out.
Roasted Asparagus and Bacon
1 pound fresh asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 strips of bacon
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off tough ends of asparagus. Continue to cut remaining asparagus in 1-inch pieces. Lay pieces on a baking tray.
2. Pour olive oil and pepper over asparagus, mixing well with hands.
3. Cut strips of bacon into small squares and add to asparagus
4. Put baking tray with asparagus into the oven and cook under tender, about 20 minutes.