Green Beans (String Beans)
1 pound green beans
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 of a Yellow Onion
1. Fill a saucepan with a cup of water and set to medium-high heat. Chop ends of green beans and throw away, chop remaining green beans into 1-inch pieces.
2. Add green beans into saucepan, adding salt, pepper, and onion.
3. Cook green beans down until onion starts to come apart. Turn down to medium-low heat until most of the water is cooked down.
Ground Chuck (I used 80/20 lean/fat here, but you can use 75/25 or 90/10)
Lipton Onion Soup Mix (optional)
Salt and Pepper for taste (if you don't use the onion soup mix)
1. Place a tablespoon of oil in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Season your hamburger (either with onion soup mix or salt and pepper) and form your patty.
3. Add hamburger to skillet when it is hot. Cook for 3-4 minutes and flip, turning down the heat to medium. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. You can cook the hamburger to your liking (the hamburger pictured was cooked at medium-well). When at desired result, take out of the skillet.