Honey Garlic Butter Salmon
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 1/2 a lemon)
2 1/2 pound side of salmon
Sea salt, to taste
Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
Lemon slices (to serve)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking tray/sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic, and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
3. Place the salmon onto lined baking tray/sheet. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.
4.Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes). Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill/broil under the grill/broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon slices.
1 pound fresh asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off tough ends of asparagus. Continue to cut remaining asparagus in 1-inch pieces. Lay pieces on a baking tray.
2. Pour olive oil, salt and pepper over asparagus, mixing well with hands.
3. Put baking tray with asparagus into the oven and cook under tender, about 20 minutes.
Serving pictured: 4oz salmon and 14 asparagus spears, cut in pieces.